Top 10 Benefits of adopting Azure Active Directory
Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) is Microsoft’s multi-tenant cloud based directory and identity management service.
For IT Admins, Azure AD provides an affordable, easy to use solution to give employees and business partners single sign-on (SSO) access to thousands of cloud SaaS Applications like Office365, Salesforce.com, DropBox, and Concur.
For application developers, Azure AD lets you focus on building your application by making it fast and simple to integrate with a world class identity management solution used by millions of organizations around the world.
Azure AD also includes a full suite of identity management capabilities including multi-factor authentication, device registration, self-service password management, self-service group management, privileged account management, role based access control, application usage monitoring, rich auditing and security monitoring and alerting. These capabilities can help secure cloud based applications, streamline IT processes, cut costs and help assure corporate compliance goals are met.
Additionally, with just four clicks, Azure AD can be integrated with an existing Windows Server Active Directory, giving organizations the ability to leverage their existing on-premises identity investments to manage access to cloud based SaaS applications.
If you are an Office365, Azure or Dynamics CRM Online customer, you might not realize that you are already using Azure AD. Every Office365, Azure and Dynamics CRM tenant is actually already an Azure AD tenant. Whenever you want you can start using that tenant to manage access to thousands of other cloud applications Azure AD integrates with!
Your organization can use Azure AD to improve employee productivity, streamline IT processes, improve security and cut costs in many ways:
- Highly Reliable architecture hosted on Microsoft cloud infrastructure
- The ability to centralise the identity management in your organization
- Provide employees and partners with an easy Single-Sign On experience powered by Azure AD’s fully automated SaaS app access management and provisioning services capabilities
- Quickly adopt cloud services through the app directory and range of integrations
- Enable Intune MDM for company-wide mobile device management
- Simple and faster inital configuration of user PCs with Windows 10
- Empower employees with access to cloud app, service and self-services capabilities from wherever they need to work on any device
- Easily and securely manage employee and vendor access to your corporate social media accounts
- Improve application security with Azure AD multi-factor authentication and conditional access
- Monitor application usage and protect your business from advanced threats with security reporting and monitoring